Type Here to Get Search Results !

Payouts for Queenslanders impacted by the February 2022 flooding

Queensland Flooded Homes Feb 2022

Support is now available for eligible Queenslanders impacted by the February 2022 rainfall and flooding event. Flood-affected residents and businesses can access a range of government funding and support services to help recover from this natural disaster

personal support and services for Queenslanders

A range of support grants and services are available for individuals and families affected by the recent Queensland rainfall and flooding event. For immediate information and support:

  • Call the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349 if you are experiencing emotional stress or personal financial hardship.
  • Download the Self Recovery App for access to vital information about disasters and emergencies in Queensland. The app features vital tips and information about preparing for and recovering from disasters.
  • Visit the Regional Community Support Services for a range of local and general community support services available to individuals and families after a disaster.
  • If a landowner believes recent flooding impacts the value of their land, contact 1300 664 217 or go to statutory land valuations.
  • This factsheet on land valuation (PDF) outlines how flood events are considered in your land valuation.

Personal Hardship Assistance Scheme

The Personal Hardship Assistance Scheme provides emergency funding to individuals and households impacted by natural disasters under four categories:

  • Emergency Hardship Assistance: grants of up to $180 for individuals and up to $900 for families is available for immediate relief and recovery needs, such as food, clothing, emergency accommodation or medical supplies.
  • Essential Services Hardship Assistance: grants of up to $150 for individuals and up to $750 for families is available for those suffering hardship by loss of essential services for more than five days and that are unable to support their own recovery.
  • Essential Household Contents Grant*: financial contributions of up to $1765 for a single adult and up to $5300 for a couple/family is available to help people in activated disaster areas who are uninsured or unable to claim insurance replace essential household contents.
  • Structural Assistance Grant*: financial contributions of up to $10,995 per single adult and up to $14,685 per couple/family is available to help repair damage to an uninsured dwelling (including caravans and residential vessels) to return it to a safe, habitable, and secure condition.
  • Essential services safety and reconnection grant: If you’re uninsured, or unable to claim insurance, you may be eligible for a grant to help you reconnect essential services that were damaged by a disaster. Financial contributions of up to $200 are available for a safety inspection of each essential service needing reconnection (electricity, gas, water and sewerage or septic system) and up to $4200 is available for repair work to enable essential services to be reconnected.
  • Transport and motoring assistance: Support for individuals and industry in activated disaster areas to provide vehicle registration concessions and licensing assistance.

Apply now

For more information or to apply for the Personal Hardship Assistant Scheme:

  • visit the Community Support webpage for more information
  • phone 1800 173 349 to apply
  • apply online via the Community Recovery Portal. If applying online, enter your driver licence and Medicare card details exactly as they appear on your cards i.e. use your full name and all numbers.

Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment and Disaster Allowance

The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment is a one-off, payment of $1000 per eligible adult and $400 per child who have been adversely affected by a major disaster in an affected Local Government Area.

The Disaster Recovery Allowance is a short-term payment to help people who have had a loss of income as a direct result of the disaster and work or live in the affected Local Government Area.

You have until 29 September 2022 to make a claim for the following Local Government Areas (LGAs):

  • Balonne
  • Brisbane
  • Bundaberg
  • Cherbourg
  • Fraser Coast
  • Gladstone
  • Gold Coast
  • Goondiwindi
  • Gympie
  • Ipswich
  • Lockyer Valley
  • Logan
  • Moreton Bay
  • Noosa
  • North Burnett
  • Redland
  • Scenic Rim
  • Somerset
  • South Burnett
  • Southern Downs
  • Sunshine Coast
  • Toowoomba
  • Western Downs

Apply now

For more information and to apply for the Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment and Disaster Recovery Allowance:

Housing and accommodation support

Support for housing and emergency accommodation is available to Queenslanders affected by a natural disaster including home-owners and private renters.

  • Urgent maintenance

    Call 1800 808 107 if you’re a public housing tenant and require urgent maintenance. Public housing tenants can also use Tenant Self Service or the Tenant Assist Qld app.

  • Temporary accommodation

    Call 13 QGOV (13 74 68) or visit your nearest Housing Service Centre for help finding temporary accommodation.

  • Financial Support for housing after a disaster

    Visit the Emergency and Accommodation webpage for information on about available financial support for housing after a disaster.

  • Homelessness

    Call the Homeless Hotline on 1800 474 753 (toll-free), 24/7) if you are experiencing, or at risk of becoming homeless.

Free legal advice

Flood-affected residents can contact Legal Aid Queensland for free legal information and advice:

Free replacement of documents

Queensland Government departments and agencies are replacing important documents free of charge to flood-affected Queenslanders.

Source and more info go to this link Website: https://www.qld.gov.au/alerts/i-need-help/floodhelp

Post a Comment

* We use Google 'reviews *

Top Post Ad


Below Post Ad